This is the story of 'a school with a difference' - a learning school' - Sanjeewan Vidyalaya. - a co-educational English medium residential school.
In the pouring rains of Panchgani, on 3rd July 1922, two idealistic brothers - Shri. Raosaheb Pandit and Shri. Krishnarao Pandit cycled up the winding roads of Panchgani, situated on one of the spurs of the Sahyadri Ranges in Maharashtra, with very little money in their pockets - but armed with values and lots of zeal, they sowed the seed of a school - to protect, to enhance, and to project what is ‘life education’.
Named Hindu High School at its inception, Sanjeewan Vidyalaya was started by two committed teachers and their close associates in the era of the British Raj, with a view to nurture and promote Indian culture and values, and to impart quality education to all. The school therefore, was accepted and supported by the then renowned families of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra like the Chinais, Mehtas from Saurashtra, Pakwasas, Leherchand Bhogilal (Zaveri), Kirloskars, Dahanukar, Kalyani, and so on.
Sanjeewan Vidyalaya lives to learn and has learned to live. For over 95 years, the school has steadily grown in size, in educational scope and in reputation until it is now counted among the better-known Indian residential schools, not only in Maharashtra but all over India and abroad.
FORMATION OF THE SANJEEWAN VIDYALAYA TRUST :
Sanjeewan Vidyalaya was registered as a trust in the year 1956. The Board of Trustees consisted of the following members:
Mr. M.V. Pandit, Mr. K.V. Pandit (teachers), Mr.J.G. Bodhe.(a renowned engineer and Sheriff of Bombay) , Mr. J.K. Munshi.(a well known lawyer) , Dr. N.A. Kalyani.( acknowledged entrepreneur, Chairman - Bharat Forge), and Mr. Babubhai Chinai (a renowned businessman)
Mr. Sharad Pandit (a visionary and a sportsman) was appointed as the first Principal of Sanjeewan Vidyalaya.